In addition to grassroots publishing, Mx Chris is currently doing work around transgender and intersex spiritual care. Their graduate work at Drew University Theological School includes emphasis on chaplaincy, spiritual care, medical and health humanities, and sociology of religion. Mx Chris also serves as a de facto historian of transgender religious movement history, which often shows up informally in conversation or on their OtherWise Christian blog.
Unpublished papers include:
- Annotated bibliography of resources on transgender spiritual care (chaplaincy)
- “Religion and Intersex Health” (sociology of religion)
- “The Impact of Survival Economies on Pastoral Care with Black Transgender Women” (multicultural pastoral care)
- Certified Community Coach via Leadership That Works [Learn More]
- Certificate in Non-Profit Operations, LaSalle Non-Profit Center [Learn More]
- Trainer, Doing Our Own Work Anti-Racism Seminar
- Bachelor’s degree with three full majors (math, computer science, and religion) from what is now called the University of Mary Washington (completed 1994). They studied Latin and ancient Greek, did an honors thesis on civil religion, and two semesters of independent study around artificial intelligence technologies.