Team Work and Workshop Organizing
Mx Chris has a long history in conference organizing and a deep list of personal contacts. Mx Chris loves gathering with colleagues and friends to present on topics of interest to the community.
- “Healthcare Experiences of Transgender Adults Community Panel” (Fenway Institute’s Advancing Excellence in Transgender Health conference, Boston, MA)
- “Training and Formation for Non-Christian Religious Leaders at Historically Christian Educational Institutions: Perspectives on Belonging and Translation” panelist (Dean Hopper Conference at Drew University, Madison, NJ)
- Keynote with Louis Mitchell (Transgender Religious Leaders Summit, Berkeley, CA)
- “Transgender and the Bible” workshop with a Hebrew scholar (Beyond Pink and Blue conference, Atlanta, GA)
- “Being Brave Together: Faith Stories” interactive workshop (First Event, Boston, MA)
- “Understanding the Non-Binary” panelist (TransOhio virtual learning series) [Watch on Facebook]
- “Transgender Awareness Week” panel presentation, moderator/organizer (Drew University) [Watch on YouTube]
- Philadelphia Trans Health Conference, conference chair (2011), co-founder spirituality track (2009), recurring speaker and workshop organizer
Mx Chris is also delighted to collaborate around bringing together authors and contributors from OtherWise Engaged Publishing as well as friends from Transfaith.
For instance, OtherWise Christian 2: Stories of Resistance (2020) includes 29 transgender, intersex, non-binary, and two spirit contributors from around the country who may also be available to resource your needs. Most were involved in the OtherWise Christian 2 launch party [Watch on Facebook].